The NYS Career Development Opportunities, Inc is pleased to announce the offering of monetary scholarships/grants to assist NYS Women with their career related studies, education, and/or training and related costs. For example, such costs might include, but are not exclusive to, tuition, registration fees, license fees, clothing, tools/instrument costs, etc.
Each application will be judged on its own merits. such factors as financial or personal needs, relationship to career or job training sought, academic standing, past experience/education/volunteer service, etc. Scholarships/grants may range in amounts up to $500 and payable at the discretion of NYS CDO. An applicant is eligible for consideration once a year and cannot receive a scholarship/grant for more than two consecutive years. Special consideration is given to NYS Women Inc members. Applications are accepted annually between July 1st and June 30th. Submitting an application does not guarantee approval. Proof of completion is required.
To be eligible, an applicant must be:
- A women 25 years of age or older
- A NYS resident
- Enrolled or accepted for study in an academic, technical or vocational certificate degree program
- Other career related studies/education, e.g., seminars, conferences, training, etc
Our goal is to assist women who are changing, starting, or advancing careers due to unemployment, under-employment, changes in their lifestyle, or other circumstances which have affected their earning capabilities or job stability.
- Complete the application
- Provide two letters of reference from individuals who are not relatives and who can support your application
- Be available for a personal (phone) interview, if requested
Email or mail the application to:
1217 Delaware Ave #807
Buffalo NY 14209