New York State Career Development Opportunities, Inc. 501 C (3)
Affiliated with New York State Women, Inc.
Our Mission is to Illuminate, Advocate for, Facilitate and Educate Women
NYS Career Development Opportunities, Inc. (CDO) was incorporated 7/7/05 and is a tax-exempt 501 C (3). Initially created as a funding source for New York State Women, Inc. (NYSW), its overall goal is to support females to achieve their full potential, and
- Provide outreach programs to women who would otherwise remain unemployable;
- Empower business and professional women by sponsoring lectures, seminars and online training;
- Support educational assistance to women where benefits do not exist. NYS CDO offers scholarships;
- Introduces girls (ages 13-17) to workshops and seminars about making career and lifestyle choices.
Our accomplishments include financially supporting speakers and programs at NYS Women Inc. meetings and presenting The Reality Store. The Reality Store (trademarked by BPW Indiana) is a financial simulation project where high school students make decisions about future careers and lifestyle choices based on their financial savvy. NYSW members can log in and access The Reality Store program manual and materials.
More Information on Career Development Opportunities PDF
NEW! Monetary Scholarships/Grants
We are pleased to announce the offering of monetary scholarships/grants to assist New York State women with their career-related studies, education, and/or training and related costs. For example, such costs might include, but are not exclusive to, such items as tuition, registration fees, license fees, clothing, tools/instruments costs, etc. (documentation required).
Scholarship/Grant Application - Word Doc | PDF
JOIN TODAY! We invite you to join our efforts in providing these programs and services. Annual membership is $15. Donations are always welcome and are tax-deductible.
Membership Application - Word Doc | PDF
Officers 2020 - 2021
- President: Linda Przepasniak
- Vice President: Robin Bridson
- Treasurer: Susan Mager
- Secretary: Ramona Gallagher
Board of Directors
- Helen Rico
- Ruth Ann Rocque
- Robin Allen
- Sara Ayala
- Jacquie Shellman, NYSW Designated Director
WOMEN HELPING WOMEN