New York State Women Inc. will take actions needed on a local, statewide or national level to make a difference in the lives of New York women of every age and demographic, now and into the future through legislative, educational and service advocacy.
These Advocacy Actions may include, but are not limited to:
- Public Policy Resolutions
- Legislative Actions
- Educational Workshops
- Media Action
- Organizational Meetings (program, speaker, etc)
- Letter Campaigns (by various communication avenues)
- Coalition Work
- Celebratory Events (such as festival booths, parades, local fairs, State Fairs, Women’s Equality Day, Women’s History Month, Business Expos, Job Fairs, Women of the Year, Business of the Year, NYS Women in Business Month).
Advocacy Topics are diverse as our state geographical and demographic data and are not always predictable to forecast. Advocacy will be done in a timely manner in both proactive and reactionary situations.
Topics may include, but not limited to:
- Non-equitable situations
- Health (personal and family)
- Professional impact
- Domestic Violence
- Civil Rights
- Work-life Balance
- Safety (personal, family and workplace)
- Situations that devalue women
- Political Campaigns *
*New York State Women Inc. will advocate for specific campaigns only through the New York State Women's Advocacy Committee based on the criteria set up by that committee. Outside of the Advocacy Committee, advocacy by members will be done through non-partisanship approaches (such as Meet the Candidates events). Individual members may advocate for a specific politician but not use their affiliation with New York State Women Inc. in their endeavors.